Research group in algebraic geometry and related areas
Enrico Arbarello, Ruggero Bandiera, Simone Diverio, Domenico Fiorenza, Marco Manetti, Gabriele Mondello, Kieran O'Grady, Riccardo Salvati Manni
Post-docs and graduate students
- Deformation theory (Fiorenza, Manetti, Meazzini). Deformations of complex manifolds and holomorphic maps, homotopical methods in deformation theory, differential graded Lie algebras, L-infinity algebras.
- Modular varieties (Salvati Manni) Moduli spaces of abelian varieties, modular varieties, Borcherds products, theta functions, modular forms.
Riemann surfaces (Arbarello, Mondello). Hyperbolic surfaces, geometric structures on Riemann surfaces, Teichmüller theory, moduli spaces of curves,representations of surface groups, Higgs bundles.
Chow groups (O'Grady): Chow rings of smooth projective varieties, Bloch-Beilinson conjectures.
- Hyperkaehler varieties (Arbarello, O'Grady). Projective geometry of hyperkaehler varieties. Moduli and periods. Deformation types.
- Higher structures in algebra and geometry (Manetti, Meazzini) Homotopy and cohomology theory of L-infinity algebras, derived brackets, formality criteria.
- Complex analytic, algebraic, and differential geometry (Diverio) Kobayashi hyperbolicity theory, positivity in complex algebraic geometry, special and extremal metrics on compact Kähler manifolds.